You're Invited to devote this Fall to Foster more Frientimacy in your life!
We're Gathering Together The Women Who Value Deeper Friendships!
If I were to ask you how meaningful and deep your friendships feel to you on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the most fulfilling), what number would you answer?
If you’re like the vast majority of women, then you have what I call an “Intimacy Gap”—a gap between your current fulfillment levels versus what you wish it were. In fact, women are twice as likely to list as 1 or 2 as they are a 9 or 10, and about half of everyone surveyed (over 6,000 women!) self-reported under a 5.
We have an epidemic of loneliness and for most of us it’s not because we don’t know enough people, but rather because we don’t feel close enough to the ones we already know.
We are more networked than ever and yet often feeling like we have no net of friends beneath us.
We don’t see each other often enough, feel safe enough to share too deeply, or feel good enough about them and their behaviors to feel the benefits of frientimacy.
Let's Practice Frientimacy in Our Friendships this Fall 2018!
Who Should Join this Group?
- Did you score yourself under a 7 in the question about how satisfied you are in your friendships?
- Do you catch yourself feeling lonely... even if you feel like you have friends?
- Do you often leave events or time with others feeling unsatisfied? Wondering if it was worth the time?
- Do you have a lot of thoughts, ideas, and feelings in your body that often go unseen or unknown by those you call your friends?
- When you think of your friends-- are they either mostly people you used to be close to but don't talk very often anymore and/or friends you see somewhat regularly but don't feel that close to?
- Do you often wonder why some friendships seem effortless and others feel like so much work?
- Do you wish you could just find that one person who would be your best friend?
- Would you trade an hour of "small talk," "networking," and "socializing" for an hour with a deep and meaningful conversation with someone you love?
- Do you often hear yourself make "justifiable excuses" -- too busy, more of an introvert, gotta focus on the kids-- to make yourself feel better for why you don't have the friendships you really want?
- Do you sometimes feel like every friendship falls on you to keep it going? To calling? To scheduling? To staying in touch?
Basically... do you wish your friendships felt more fulfilling?
The more you answered yes to the questions above...
Then this book, this group, and this time is designed just for you!!!
This group is designed for those of us who:
- Believe our friendships are important and are willing to admit ours can be improved.
- Want to hold ourselves accountable to keeping our attention focused on community-building.
- Look forward to finally doing something more thoughtful and strategic about improving the relationships around us.
- Know that having a structure and timeline will help keep us focused even when our initial excitement invariably flounders.
- Are excited to learn (or re-visit!) what healthy friendships are and how I can intentionally give in order to receive more support and love
- Value going through this process with others-- we want to share our own ah-ha's and experiences, ask questions, and know we're not alone in our experiences!
- Hold hope that just because we're not currently experiencing what we want doesn't mean we can't develop the frientimacy we crave.
Why 42 Days of Frientimacy?
Brain function researchers and spiritual teachers alike say that if we practice something for 40 days then we can break habits, retrain our brain to think differently, and transform our patterns. So let's re-train our brains toward that which matters most to our health and happiness: connection!
- We've been conditioned to think that money will buy us happiness, but study after study consistently shows our relationships to be a more significant factor.
- We've long idealized more square footage as a deciding factor when moving, but the far bigger issue to happiness in a location is whether we have local friends and family.
- We've received so many accolades over the years for narrow definitions of success that we unconsciously believe that if we jump through certain impressive hoops that then we'd be more lovable or accepted, but really focusing on relationships is the only path guaranteed to produce that acceptance.
- We've been told that when it comes to health that our diet and exercise are the factors to focus on, but feeling connected ends up impacting our healthy and longevity far more!
How you answer the question "How loved and supported do I feel in life?" will tell us more about your future health and happiness than how much money you have, how big your house is, what success you're accomplishing, or what habits you're practicing in your diet and exercise.
Let's commit 42 Days of our lives to focusing on that which matters most!
What EXACTLY Are the Details?
This virtual program will run from Sunday, September 23- Saturday, November 3, 2018.
TO Get Started:
- Join our Live Video Class with Shasta one week ahead of time (Sunday, Sept 16 at 5 pm PDT/8 pm EDT) to kick off the program and set our intentions! (Or we'll send you the recording!)
- Take the Frientimacy Quiz to get your personal scores in the 3 Requirements of all Relationships.
- Introduce yourself in our virtual Circle of women where you'll meet the other women in this program (a private group via GirlFriendCircles.com where you'll inspire, share, learn, and connect as much as you want this Fall!)
- Start Reading the Book: We'll be focusing primarily on Part 2 in Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness, but you can start reading Part 1 if you haven't yet!
- Set Your Intention and Schedule your Calendar by deciding ahead of time where you'll commit at least an hour a week (for the next 6 weeks) to reading and learning and start thinking through what relationships you want to assess, deepen, and grow!
Every week for 6 weeks, you will:
- Read (or re-read) one selected chapter from Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships For Lifelong Health and Happiness
- Reflect and journal on that theme in your own life by filling out the worksheet from the Frientimacy Workbook
- Commit to a Friendship Goal and Share It every Tuesday by 12 pm PDT in our Circle so we can hold ourselves accountable to practicing the actions of friendship.
- Engage, share your take-aways, and ask questions* with other women on the same journey with you via a private circle within GirlFriendCircles.com
Plus, you have the following options available:
- Weekly Video or Email Accountability & Support! You'll have the choice of either being matched with:
- 2-3 other women for a weekly 30 minute video call where you can share your successes and struggles
- OR, one other woman for a weekly email exchange where you can share your successes and struggles
- Midway* and Final Sharing Circles where all participants are welcome to join for a video check in and sharing halfway through (hosted by Lisa Mehta) and again at the very end to celebrate all your growth (hosted by Shasta Nelson)!
- Access to Shasta Nelson, the author of the book will be available in the virtual Circle to answer questions and help give advice, and online support by Lisa Mehta who will be the facilitator of our online sharing and accountability.
- Access to GirlFriendCircles.com where, in addition to our private Circle, you can connect with women across the country and maybe even meet more women who live locally to you!
- Optional: A copy of the book Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness (Note: there are two price options: one without the book in case you already own it and another that includes a copy for you!)
All of that for less than half what one coaching session would cost! And this way you get a community, a journey, and tons of ongoing inspiration!
*Note that not only will you have access to Shasta Nelson in the 1st and Final Video Call, plus online; this Circle is also facilitated by Lisa Mehta, who has been chosen by Shasta, to provide the weekly online support, host the second video call, and provide us all with the structure and inspiration for our time together! You're in good hands! :)
42 days focused on frientimacy will not only improve our friendships, but will improve our entire lives--including our health and overall happiness!
WHAT We'll Be Learning & Applying to our friendships
Practicing the Frientimacy Triangle
Week 1: The Way to Intimacy: The Frientimacy Triangle
Week 2: Identifying Frientimacy Imbalance
Week 3: Increasing Positivity: Giving and Receiving
Week 4: Increasing Consistency: Building Trust
Week 5: Increasing Vulnerability: Deepening Meaning
Week 6: Leaning In to Intimacy
join us now for a fall for frientimacy
***If you choose the option that includes a book, watch for a follow-up email with instructions asking you if you would like a paperback copy or e-book as you'll need to provide your address of choice. And unfortunately, at this time, we can only send books in the U.S. Sorry!
Our “PARTICIPATION EXPECTATION” REFUND POLICY
We GIVE 100% REFUNDS IF YOU FEEL LIKE WHAT WE OFFER ISN’T WHAT WE PROMISED!
If you go through at least 4 weeks and feel that we didn’t deliver what we promised then by all means send us your completed worksheets from the first 4 weeks, along with a note clarifying where you feel we didn’t live up to our commitment, and we’ll refund you the total amount--including the cost of the book (which you can keep)! Promise!
What we don’t give refunds for is if you don't make the time to participate. Just as a health club doesn’t give a membership refund simply because you never got around to going, we don’t give refunds based on you not valuing your intention. We believe that your purchase is your stake in the ground saying, “This subject is important to me” so we want to honor that and help incentivize you to lean into that commitment.
Therefore, in buying this product we both commit to each other to do our part. We give you the best version of the product that we describe clearly. You give us your participation. Deal? :)