GirlFriendCircles.com proudly sponsors travel trips for women, by women, and about women to places all over the world.
Whether it's the rare and stimulating opportunity to travel legally into Cuba to learn about their politics and culture and how it impacts women, the safety and meaning that traveling with a group can bring to a trip in the Middle East, or a fun and adventurous trip filled with activity in Peru or Costa Rica -- we will keep scheduling trips where women will not only benefit from the connections we make in our destination country, but will also come home with new friendships created among the group that travels together. We're taking new female friendships to new countries!
UPCOMING TRAVEL CIRCLES
PERU: GIRLFRIENDS, CULTURE & MACHU PICHU
JUNE 6 – 15, 2018 + OPTIONAL AMAZON EXCURSION JUNE 15 - 18, 2018
- Walking tours of two of the most popular cities in Peru: Lima and Cusco
- Wandering the ruins of Pachacamac, an ancient temple that served as ceremonial site for 1000 years before the Inca civilization
- Day excursion to San Bartolo, a beautiful seaside resort
- Visit to the Temple of the Sun which was the most important temple in the Inca Empire
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage sites around Cusco, including the ruins of Sacsahuamani
- Full day excursion to Machu Picchu, via train, including a guided excursion, plus time on your own
- Excursions to the many sites in the Sacred Valley
Nature & Culture in New Zealand
JANUARY 6- 18, 2019
- Tours of two of the most popular cities in New Zealand: Auckland (North Island) and Christchurch (South Island)
- Day trip by ferry to Weiheke Island, a haven of beautiful vineyards, olive groves and beaches where we'll explore and wine taste
- 2 days in Kerikeri which is full of the history and culture of New Zealand including the Stone Store and Kerikeri Mission Station
- Day trip to Waitangi, celebrated as one of the most culturally significant places in the whole country
- A "Shire" inspired buffet at the The Hobbit Movie Set, the beautiful and iconic backdrop to The Lord of the Rings movies
- Field trips to some of the most beautiful geothermal sites in nature, including the Waiotapu Thermal Wonderland which is considered "One of the 20 Most Surreal Places in the World"
- Playtime at the Bay of Plenty which could include swimming with dolphins, relaxing on the beach, or kayaking
- Thoughtful visits with organizations such as Global Women and the New Zealand Federation of Women's Institutes to learn about why, and how, New Zealand is considered one of the top countries for women
- Visit to the Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony whee we'll see the world's smallest penguins in their natural environment
* All trips planned and organized by Altruvistas travel agency.